Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Beginning Weeks of School!

I have finished my first week of school and this is what I've learned...

HK classes vs HI classes:

  • Are taught once a week (HI: may be MWF or TR)
  • Range from 2-3 hours long (HI: either 50 minutes or a little over an hour)
  • Have a 10 minute break (HI: no breaks)
  • Lectures are taught in English (HI: same)
---

To keep myself active...
  • Go Swimming!
          The university pool is 50 meters long. You pay 4 HKD ($0.50 US) each time...so cheap! Perfect for the summer time!
  • Play Basketball!
          You can book the courts by student residence and play with a bunch of friends. If this court is full, you can go down to Shek Kip Mei Courts (5 minute walk) to another basketball court.
  • Rugby!
          I also joined a Rugby team to learn the sport. There is only a 50 HKD ($7 US) registration fee and you meet every Monday and Thursday at 8pm. This was my first time playing and it is very fun! But I'm still learning the rules and basics...
  • Weekly Badminton!
          I also joined the Weekly Badminton group offered by the College of Business Exchange Student Club, where we meet every Tuesday to play from 6-7pm. After playing, we would all go for dinner together and make new friends! This is my favorite sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment