Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Summer...


  Sorry, it has been so long since I updated my blog. So what have I done for the past almost 2 months?

6/15-6/28: I went to Taiwan. It was an awesome experience! To sum up what I liked about Taiwan in one word is: DELICIOUS! For the entire trip I was basically just eating. And the best part? It was cheap! The exchange rate for US $1 was about 29 TWD. On average, I spent like 50-100 TWD for each meal, which is only around US $2-4. Even if you eat a lot, US $20 is more than enough for a day.

5 main things I learned from the trip are:

  • Be able to speak Mandarin, or at least have a friend that knows Mandarin
  • Purchase an MRT card (convenient; you can go almost everywhere through the MRT)
  • Have an umbrella (It rains unexpectedly)
  • Go to night markets and eat all sorts of food!
  • A lot of people commute on mopeds or bicycles, so watch out!

Since 6/29 I have been in Hong Kong. I am so thankful I can stay with my aunty until the dorms open on August 26. For the past month, I feel like I have been experiencing the everyday life of a Hong Kong boy during the summer. I have no school...no work...and the heat outside is intense! I thought there were some days in Hawaii that were hot, but Hong Kong has shown me a new level of "a hot summer day!" Aside from house chores, I enjoy staying indoors with A/C.

I will update more on studying abroad in Hong Kong once school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment